Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day

It's Labor Day!! Did you sleep in? Are you off to the lake/beach?!

I didn't sleep in. Because...Palmer. 


Bless that little tyke, he got up at 6:57 this morning. The kid has no concept of weekends or holidays, except the occasional Sunday when he decides to snooze an extra two hours and make us late for church. 😳🙈

We're also not hitting the beach today, due to the van needing a $2500 repair (😭) and the car being out of gas and us being poor. Plus, Derek totally has to work today! Such is the summer sales life. 

But guess what was awesome about this morning? Derek let me take a bath in complete peace, and I sat in there for half an hour cyber-stalking my internet pal MaLyn! 

Here's the story...I actually don't even know her, you guys. This is going to be embarrassing because I'm revealing my creeper tendencies! But I became Facebook friends with her when I joined her awesome group Mom Club. This group is full of so many amazing moms with diverse backgrounds, religious beliefs, etcetera. I have come to love so many of these women as they share their heartaches, joys, and plain old ridiculous mom-life experiences. There is such a sense of camaraderie between mothers because we all know what it's like to turn our hearts and lives over to a tiny human. Anyway, MaLyn is the administrator of this group and is always posting fun challenges for us and encouraging us to make the most of life, but also to be real about what we go through each day. Her blog centers on "real life mom life", and reading it over the past month or two has been so inspiring to me! She makes me want to blog for reals, and talk about the good, the bad, and the STINKY of life as a parent. 

So there you have it. My obsession with online stalking has been exposed. MaLyn is probably off to the police station to get a cyber-restraining order as we speak, but before she does let me direct you to her blog so you can join in the fun. Head on over to malynlogic.com. You'll love it, I promise!

P.S. Don't worry about us not going to the lake--we're definitely hitting up the apartment complex pool this afternoon, because my California tan is sadly nonexistent. And what's the point of even being in California without getting tan?🏊🏼 Happy Labor Day, friends! 


2 comments:

  1. Ha! You crack me UP! You're so sweet! I'm pretty sure it would be the other way around...you getting a restraining order on me for basically being obsessed with Palmer. :) So excited to stalk your blog now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik! You're writing again! And I love seeing those adorable faces of yours. Keep it coming. And I'll get going on becoming another creeper for MaLyn to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete