This will be a short post. I just felt like it would be completely ungrateful for me not to say anything about what's been going on the past few weeks.
Derek and I have been immensely blessed in the months preceding and following our wedding. We are so infinitely grateful for everyone who has given us the gifts that have made our beginning so much easier. We couldn't have done it without you guys.
I'll spare details, but Derek and I have been hit with some unexpected expenses lately, and we haven't been as prepared for them as we'd like. I'm blessed to have a husband who has agreed to not let financial difficulties depress us or come between us (and yes, I know it's only been three months, but we've been doing pretty well so far :)). We haven't been too discouraged or afraid, but we have been prayerful that we'll be able to work these problems out with the help of the Lord. We've continued to pay our tithing and a generous fast offering. And we've tried hard to eliminate unnecessary things and "do without". Mostly, we've prayed that we would know how to take care of all this.
The Lord always rewards us for obeying His commandments. We haven't done big things for Him, but He's done big things for us. We were able to make it two weeks without needing to make a shopping trip. And then a friend offered us the remainder of her groceries, since she'd be moving out of town. She brought over a few of the things that we had just run out of only days before. One day later, another friend texted and ask if we could use the groceries that all of her roommates had left behind.
Our fridge is full. Too full. We literally don't have room enough to receive the blessings that the Lord has poured on us.
I know that there are lots of tithing stories out there that are more spectacular than this, but this is ours. The Lord has let us know that He is aware of our situation, and He's taking care of us. He loves us, and He never lets any good deed go un-rewarded.
AWESOME! Isn't it nice to know that what you were taught growing up really is true and that if you have faith and are obedient everything will be ok? Thank goodness for great parents and Young Women Leaders!!! Hahaha.
ReplyDelete